As a national organization, Apathy is Boring works with volunteers in all places and at all levels – physically at our head office in Montreal and remotely.
Some of the volunteer tasks include:
1. Street teams: We have found that face-to-face conversations are the most effective way to get young people to the polls. If you’re into doing outreach, we will provide you with some resources so that you can organize a street team in your community.
2. Social media: We are always looking to generate new and exciting social media content. If you’re into graphic design, or scouring the Internet to create the next buzzfeed-worthy, funny democracy meme, you can contribute to our online presence.
3. Translation: We are always looking for people to translate content from English to French.
4. Donor research: If you have fundraising experience, you can help out with our fund development initiatives.
5. In office: If you are in the Montreal area, come in to the office and lend a hand. It’s always a good time.
6. Youth engagement research: If you are passionate about civic engagement, youth engagement, and democracy, you can help us out with research.
Don't see anything you like? Click here for other ways to help.
Take a look at what some of our volunteers have to say
Produced and edited by: Mariel Scammell
Cinematography by: Amelia Moses
Colour correction: Simon Allard
Special thanks: Simon Allard