Winnipeg RISE Project Coordinator
Application deadline: November 18th 2019
Starting date: December 9th 2019
Position Type: Full time (35 hours a week)
Wage: $22-24/hr as well as a generous benefits package
To APPLY: Send a resume, cover letter, and 2 references to Stephanie Jeremie, Programs Manager, at email@example.com
We thank everyone for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Founded in 2004, Apathy is Boring is a national, youth-led non-partisan, charitable organization that supports and educates youth to be active and contributing citizens in Canada’s democracy.
The Winnipeg RISE Project Coordinator will report to the Programs Manager and oversee 35 volunteers to create, implement and evaluate a local community project. The Vancouver RISE Project Coordinator will oversee the local hub, lead weekly training workshops, coordinate volunteer schedules, support youth in co-creating, delivering and evaluating their community project and build relationships with local community organizations. This role will require someone who is an excellent facilitator, can multi-task in a fast-paced environment, has a strong work ethic, is connected to community and has a background in building partnerships.
Additionally to receiving funding for office supplies, the coordinator will be travelling to Quebec for a National Retreat uniting all hub cities twice a year as well as the programs Wrap Up weekends for workshops and team building activities.
This job opportunity is ideal for the applicants having just finished university and who are looking to grow their community involvement and acquire resources and skills in the non-profit sector.
Ambassador and Volunteer support (30%)
- Work with a group of youth volunteers (Ambassadors and Organizers) between the ages of 18 and 30 years old
- Recruit Ambassadors and Organizers, assist in training, co-prepare duties and timelines, and track Ambassador and Volunteer hours
- Lead and prepare weekly meetings
- Coordinate logistics for weekly gatherings including food, childcare if needed and community partners to support full participation from youth volunteers
- Support Ambassadors and Organizers in working towards the objective of the community project
Community Project development and implementation (30%)
- Prepare and conduct outreach activities to become aware of needs in the community
- Assist in preparation, planning and implementation of the community project
- Create and maintain relationships with community partners
- Work together with Ambassadors and Organizers, to plan, prepare and manage the community project
Hub Coordination (20%)
- Assist in creating a space that is welcoming and accommodating to Ambassadors and Volunteers
- Manage files, record systems, office supplies and inventory
- Maintain files and records in line with internal policies and procedures
- Liaise with local community partners and set meetings
- Keep up to date with other tasks and responsibilities outside of hub meetings
Budget Coordination (20%)
- Manage budget for community project
- Manage budget for office supplies, food orders, as well as Ambassador and Organizer supplies
- Track and file purchase receipts
- Strong knowledge of local youth issues and aware of community needs
- Experience with volunteer coordination or management
- Well versed in anti-oppressive practices and creating brave spaces
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Respectful of youth’s varying needs and lived experiences
- Remains calm under pressure and able to quickly solve a problem when it arises
- Well developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Knowledge of French an asset.
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written skills
- Degree in Social Work, Counselling, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent knowledge of computer and spreadsheet/word processing software including G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
Join us in activating communities across Canada!
Get updates on our projects, programs and events.